Friday, September 28, 2007


This is a shot I took yesterday morning at the end of our street. Very Dutch. Canal, beat up bike...

Monday I start my new work schedule: 4 days per week- Mondays off! *sigh*

So it's been a great week to feel free from the stressful wait for the FBI to clear our prints. No, it's not that we were worried about whether or not they would clear, it was how long it would take, if they would get lost, weren't clear enough prints, etc. But I've had fun telling people that we aren't felons when they ask how our process is going. I say, 'We are so relieved! We weren't sure how that was going to pan out.'

Now we are waiting for the actual letter from CIS. Monday we head to Den Haag (the Hague) to have 3 of our Dutch documents authenticated. Next Wednesday we speak with our agency director via skype (so we can see each other) to check that everything is in order, then off it goes to the States. The only thing I see as being a minor headache is getting our CIS letter notarized. Completing an International adoption via an American agency while married to a non-US citizen and living in Europe spices stuff up to say the least. Ah well. I think the the worst of the paperwork is over.

If you read this, please put some prayers or good thoughts out to protect the monks and other peaceful people protesting in Burma (Myanmar).

1 comment:

Chandra said...

I hope you don't have any trouble getting the remainder of your paperwork processed.

I can't imagine how much more difficult it is, trying to do all this from overseas.

Thanks for mentioning Myanmar. It's already in our thoughts, hopefully your mention will bring it to others attention as well.